1. If you do something, announce it.
2. If you need/want something done, ask for it.
3. When you hear a statement or question, acknowledge it.
4. Announce changes to aircraft flight path, configuration, or condition.
5. Question unannounced changes to the aircraft's flight path, configuration, or condition.
6. If another crewmember (yes... you are a crewmember) does not perform as expected, prompt him or her.
7. Listen to inputs and judge information, not the source.
8. If you suspect a problem exists, talk about it and eliminate doubt.